Thursday, February 25, 2010

Joy!

Corel PSPP X3. I haz it  - at least a 30-day trial. Looking forward to being able to edit photos well again - which means I really should finish this coat, so I can make the pictures look spiffy for free. (I moved PSP9 to the netbook, but once you go CPSPPX3, you really can't go back.)


While I ponder whether or not it's worth buying a full version (the new text tool is frustrating: I miss the old boxes), here's more coat progress.


Yes, those are shiny pocket flaps that I managed to weasel out of hand-stitching. The pockets aren't perfect, and next time, once I think I've read the pattern enough to start working, I'll read it twice more. Everyone posts "read the pattern" advice at least once, so I thought "well, I will read my pattern, and I won't make any silly mistakes."
Hm.
Well, my pockets aren't as polished as they could be, so I'll repeat the old adage with an alteration or two: read the pattern twenty times, cut once.
Still, it doesn't look that bad. I'll probably use what I've learned from this coat to make another frock coat in a year or two. In the meantime, this one's definitely worth continuing. Tonight, I'll sew the torso lining to the outer material, and maybe attach a sleeve or two. More updates soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment