Monday, May 10, 2010

Silken swirls of gorgeous Shantung



So the swirls aren't really done in the shantung, but I think I could have had you fooled, couldn't I? The color matches so perfectly. I found this thin cording - $0.59/yd! - tucked away in a corner of M&J Trimmings in Manhattan. M&J is a great resource for anyone in the area, I highly recommend them!

As for the coat, here's more of the pictures I promised weeks, possibly months ago.




The design on the front pleases me very much, I think I'll have to add some more around the bottom of the coat and coiling up along the back vents before I can say this coat is truly "finished." I should hurry, though, as it feels tight across the shoulders even with the inserts I added. Damn this wide, operatic ribcage! (But not really - I value my singing over my ability to fit into this coat when it comes down to it.) The worst case scenario is that I would sell the coat on Etsy for some ridiculous sum. Maybe the sum wouldn't be so ridiculous, it is a very fine coat if I do say so m'self.
In the meantime, I'll try and find an opportunity to wear it that won't involve floral pajamas and late night sewing/photography sessions.


No comments:

Post a Comment